Oyster Long-Life Battery GPS Tracker IP67 on LoRaWAN Networks
Oyster LoRaWAN Long-Life Battery GPS Tracker
Tracking Software/App subscription not included in the price. Please contact if need more Comprehensive tracking platform/app.
The Oyster is a compact, low-profile low-cost battery-powered and rugged GPS asset tracking device on LoRaWAN network that has been designed for hired cars, tracking containers, trailers, skip bins, and any other assets where super-long battery life is required without sacrificing the frequency of updates and performance.
The IP-67 rated housing is rugged and UV stable, so the Oyster can be mounted on assets that are exposed to rain, dust and marine conditions.
By utilising the latest technology, the Oyster can operate in ultra-low-power modes, and with an incredible battery life of up to 5 years the Oyster can be attached to assets and tracked without needing to change batteries. The Oyster has built-in antennas for GPS reception and for LoRaWan communication, a 3D accelerometer, and a high-performance GPS that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously.
The Oyster LoRaWAN uses LoRaWAN technology to give you coverage of your assets at a low data cost. The Oyster LoRaWAN is available in 868MHz and 915MHz versions to cater for the various LoRawan regions around the world. (The version here is AU915MHz / AS923MHz).
Unsure what LoRaWAN is? Click here for info on LoRaWAN.
The option of using extended temperature range AA batteries allows the Oyster to be used in extreme climates and temperatures:
- IP67 Rugged weather-proof housing
- Fully powered by 3 AA consumer batteries (batteries not included)
- Up to 5 years tracking on LoRaWAN low-cost network (once daily)
- Small, Compact and easy to install and conceal
- Configure by USB cable
- 3D accelerometer to detect movement and to launch GPS, it allows the tracker to ‘sleep’ if there is no movement and wake-up when movement occurs.
- NO INSTALL REQUIRED: Simply place and trace as It has a low-profile makes
- 72 Channel High sensitivity GPS receiver
- Concurrent GPS/GLONASS
- Antenna with Low noise GPS amplifier boosted by low noise amplifier
Read about the LoRaWAN Alliance >>> Read More
115 x 65 x 20mm
250g (including batteries)
screw holes and strap slots
UBLOX GPS Module - High sensitivity assisted GPS receiver, 72 channel
GPS / GLONASS - concurrent GPS / GLONASS
Antenna with low noise GPS amplifier - allows operation in ‘urban canyons’ and container stacks
- Unpowered Mobile Assets
- Electric Bikes, Motorcycles, Mopeds
- Shipping Containers
- Freight & Logistics
- Trailers & Caravans
- Mining Equipment
- Oil & Gas Equipment
- Agriculture equipment and implements
SOFTWARE AND DATA MANAGEMENT
Data from the Oyster device is sent to LoRaWAN™ gateways, which in turn will report the data via their LoRaWAN cloud infrastructure to the back-end server platform for processing and reporting. There are several LoRaWAN network service providers to choose from. Each of them has their own management interface and formats for providing data to a software platform.