Cytron LoRa-RFM Shield 915 MHz
Cytron LoRa-RFM Shield Australian ISM band 915-928MHz
Everyone is talking about Long Range, aka: LoRa. This is a new wireless technology, meant for Long Range and yet low power. In some cases, the battery can last for years.
RFM LoRa Shield is an Arduino shield which integrates RFM95W LoRa module and based on Open Source Library with any Arduino projects. It is compatible with Arduino/Genuino/CT Uno, Arduino/Genuino Mega2560, Arduino Leonardo and possibly other pin compatible mainboards.
RFM Lora Shield allows users to send data and reach extremely long ranges at low data-rates (< 50kbps). It provides ultra-long range spread spectrum communication and high interference immunity whilst minimising current consumption, and targets professional wireless sensor network applications such as irrigation systems, smart metering, smart cities, smartphone detection, building automation, etc.
Using LoRa modulation technique, RFM Lora Shield can achieve a sensitivity of over -148dBm using a low-cost crystal and bill of materials. The high sensitivity combined with the integrated +20 dBm power amplifier yields industry leading link budget making it optimal for any application requiring range or robustness. LoRa also provides significant advantages in both blocking and selectivity over conventional modulation techniques, solving the traditional design compromise between range, interference immunity and energy consumption.
Besides supporting high performance (G)FSK modes for systems including WMBus and IEEE802.15.4g, RFM Lora Shield also delivers exceptional phase noise, selectivity, receiver linearity and IIP3 for significantly lower current consumption than competing devices.
LoRa shield has stackable side headers which allow more Arduino-compatible shields to be stacked on top of it. It also has built in Grove sensors connectors which allow users to integrate grove-based sensors into their application. It has also provided an option for the user to integrate OLED with this shield for visual display.
* This is LoRa Radio shield, it does not contain LoRaWAN protocol, so the Arduino main board will require more program to store the LoRaWAN stack.
- Integrated with RFM95W LoRa module operating in the Australian ISM band 915-928MHz.
- High Receiver Sensitivity: down to -146 dBm.
- TX Power: adjustable up to +14 dBm high-efficiency PA.
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRa and OOK modulation.
- Low RX current of 10.3 mA, 200 nA register retention.
- The shield comes with 1 x SMA 90 deg antenna connector, 1 x U.FL SMD antenna connector and 1 x single through hole for the wire antenna.
- 3 Grove connectors for sensors or other grove-compatible devices.
- Interface via SPI with Arduino main board.
- Option for OLED display
- Suitable for low power wireless sensor network applications such as irrigation systems, smart metering, smart cities, smartphone detection, building automation, etc.
- 1 x Shield-LoRa-RFM (915MHz)
- 1 x 915Mhz SMA Antenna (50 Ohm)
- 1 x U.FL to SMA Pigtail