Octopus Real-Time Clock
Octopus Electronic Bricks, you can use them to build electronics projects just as easy as piling bricks. By using Octopus electronic bricks, you may connect Arduino / Freaduino compatible boards easily with various digital, analogue and I2C/UART interfaces. These the breadboard-less firm connection are prepared to extensive modules like potentiometers, sensors, relays, servos ... even buttons, just plug and play.
OCTOPUS Real-time Clock is a clock module which can achieve counting for year, month, day, hour by using the DS1307 clock chip.This chip has lots of merits, low power supply, with 56 bytes of non-volatile RAM clock calendar full BCD code real-time clock chip, the address and data via a two-wire bi-directional serial bus transmission, providing seconds, minutes, hours and other information, automatically adjusting the number of days in each month. And more surprisingly, the chip also equipped with the function of leap year compensation. Chip has a built-in power-sense circuit, brownout detection, and battery switching function.
Connecting types:<-GND V-VCC SDA-A4 SCL-A5 RST(Pin5 is a square wave output interface. In order to provide more convenience for customers, we design a LED in the board to indicate whether the square waves output or not. If the LED is on, square waves output, which means IC is in the normal operating state. Therefore, this interface has no practical effect. Of course, if you want to see the square wave output on an oscilloscope, you can make it connected).
- Available for counting the seconds, hours, minutes, days of month, months, days of the week
- With the function of leap year compensation.
- Year recording to the limit of 2100.
- 56 bytes of non-volatile RAM
- Two-wire serial interface (IIC communication)
- Programmable square-wave output
- Automatic power-off detection and switching circuit
- In battery backup mode, power consumption is less than 500nA
- Industrial operating temperature: -40 to 80
- Power supply needs: 5V and 3.3V
- Interface type: Digital
- Pin Definition: 1-GND 2-VCC 3-SCK 4-SDA 5-RST